Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Monday, July 25, 2005

More bush walking

This weekend I went bushwalking again... Well! What else is there to do in Canberra.



Treated some friends at Tidbinbilla National Park (less than an hours drive from my place) to a day of Kangaroo spotting, Emu chasing, Koala watching and bush walking. As Australian a day as it can get. The weather was perfect; bright and sunny with just a trace of clouds and a wind that was still bearable.


The day wasn't anything spectacular but in its predictable normalcy and peaceful ambience, it was reassuring. Perhaps even invigorating.




******************************************

Life is full of surprises - I still have 'My Sisters Keeper' and 'Harry Potter and Half Blood prince' to read. And 'Suitable boy' too. But when a friend lent me Mario Puzo's 'The Godfather', a book I have wanted to read for a long long time, everything else took second place. Ended up reading the book all of Saturday and some of Sunday. And finished it.

Godfather finds itself in my Top 10 directly. Maybe in 3.

3 comments:

(Mis)Chief Editor said...

thambi...

photoslaam nallaa vanthurkke...
enjoy maadi:-)

btw, GF is all time gr8 book to hv.

L said...

Hey thanx for dropping by my blog...!! put u up in my "Tagged.." wala list..!!

Ram C said...

your bush walking pics are nice, as usual.