Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Love - the eternal question Part 2

Read Part 1

Shashi commented on it and this is my response. It just got so long, that I ended up making a post of it.

As I had mentioned, the observations may not be accurate, but thats the way Sudhish looks at it and I agree, with at least the majority of his reflections.

I can't see how ego will determine the will. When you resolve to do something, you do it - that is will. Of course, I do admit that despite your strong will things could go wrong and Ego can play a part in it.

Physics has a brilliant explanation for this (Three Cheers to Physicists, who believe that all universe is controlled by the Laws of Physics).

Marriage is like a body with multiple forces (all vectors) and moments acting on it. Will is a positive force, Ego is a negative force. You do not say Will is caused by Ego or Ego by Will. They are both forces, though with different direction vectors.

If ego is stronger than will (of higher magnitude), the resultant vector moves the body in the -ve dir. As simple as that. But remember the number of forces (parameters) are umpteen. And all the forces have an effect on the outcome, positive or negative. The outcome is decided by the overall effect, say (Sum of all Positive forces - Sum of all Negative forces). And most forces are not entirely positive or entirely negative. So, you have to take Cos and Sine of the force in the +&- directions.

Analyse this situation or any for that matter, and you would conclude that every cause has an effect and every effect should have a cause.

Hence proved.

5 comments:

Ram C said...

aeronautics engineeringoda veerennallam padikkereenga, anga?

Speech is Golden said...

Ella matterlayum, Physics paesi, "Engineer"nu prove panrom illa?

Shashi Iyer said...

I am wondering if you could be right... but, listen to what I have to say. Going by your "physics" based explaination, let me ask you to make a justifiable assumption. Ego and Will could well be forces but I'd ask you to consider them with their directions! And then you'll realise how your decisions are based on the resultant "vector".

Speech is Golden said...

shashi:
revised my draft -pls read it. now it should make more sense.

Shashi Iyer said...

i am only trying to say that ego, and by ego i mean all that u stand for, u'r desires and u'r long term ambitions... hence do u agree that ego influences will?