Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Friday, June 10, 2005

Didn't mean to scare!

Honestly, I didn't want to scare anyone off with my plaints on supervisors. The meeting wasn't just flak and drab. He shared some jewels of wisdom with me. Like this one about Polo - the thing with the hole.

"Everything in the universe has holes. You think the table you lean on is solid. Look closer and closer and you will see holes in it. Look in with a microscope, you will find holes. At the molecular level, you will find more holes. Look in the atomic level, there are still holes. Ultimately everything has holes"

No it wasn't a commentary on the logic of my report - it was about the 'body of knowledge' which as research scholars we are supposed to fill the holes of.

And there was something else too. Something he said that just put a huge smile on my scarred face. "Have a great long weekend*"

* Monday is a holiday - Queen's birthday (More on it later)

p.s. If you are wondering how come I am blogging hard after a day like this, you have much to know about the resilience of us, PhD students.

2 comments:

Ram C said...

Whats your plan for this long weekend?

Once again, are you going out for some trekking?

Speech is Golden said...

I would, if I could. But you did read what my supervisor did to my morale. So I am working. (sigh...sigh)