Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Autumn at its colourful best

Canberra boasts of distinct seasons with each season having its own beauty and charm. May I add, unlike Chennai with its fixed, Hot, Hotter, Hottest and Wet seasons - with the wet less pronounced of late. (I can hear the growls of all Chennaiites! Let me appease you saying that seasons or no seasons, there is no place like Chennai...hhheeehhhee!)

Come Autumn and trees suddenly become inspired (inspiring us on the way) and shed their verdancy for more bold colours. Parks become carpeted - yellow, brown and green in a golden weave. Even red and orange. The rustle of leaves and the crunch of footsteps become music. The sun, peeping through dark grey cumulus on a lazy morning, well! That is magic. Truly, we begin to doubt if the leaves have transformed themselves to flowers, what with their brilliant hues.

I, for one am totally in love with Autumn.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one is right outside my door. If only it could be described.

2 comments:

Ram C said...

that tree picture is awesome

Speech is Golden said...

Thanks Ram... it really is an awe-inspiring sight. u believe in miracles and god and that kind of stuff when small things like leaves turning colour happen before your very eyes.