Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

India on steroids

India is on steroids. All this rapid growth and development, it is just not natural. Oh! I know! I just committed blasphemy but I am not afraid of thunderbolts as much now. Call me a non-believer; a skeptic and a pessimist. It is true. Our speedy climb scares the shit out of me. The proverbial rise before the fall??!!

Then, it happened. I heard Amitabh Bachchan, and you know it is true when it is him, tell me that I was the leash that was holding the eager India from progressing. Oh! but conversions are on the rise and more and more people are joining the bandwagon. Yup! It's happening folks. Oh! he didn't use that bandwagon word.



Now, I so want to become a part of this India. Standing at the edge of a precipice, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Believe me, I'll look up at the sky and jump. Hope my garage-built turbo-pack works though. Good enough to carry my steroid-muscled body. Up, up and away.

Listen, all ye rusty bastards who sit in your asses and make comments, raise questions and recommend moderation. Hear this. You are either with us, marching to a glorious future. Or you are against us impeding our parade, making it the 400m hurdles and by God you know, we suck at it.

We'll brand you unpatriotic traitors. If you are effective in actually making people question their faith, we'll have to throw you in prison. Silence you somehow. You know, we live in a democracy. The loudest voice has all the say. We can out-shout you anyday. We have the voice of India behind us.

And if you keep worrying about long term side-effects. Screw you. We don't care if the steroids shrink our testicles or lead to premature heart attacks, strokes, liver tumors, kidney failure and serious psychiatric problems. What if a third of our coutry dies of AIDS, the other two-third will be rich. We'll win this round of the bout, whatever it takes and that is all that matters. Anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant kook.

Now, choose. Are you with us?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's another poem for you,
(please delete once you've read it!)

This is good talk:
When thoughts run straight
From minds and hearts into the listening air,
When the sky strikes a light
and springs to sudden fire.

When the world grows to a
hot-glowing leaf-veined net
Of starred, warm-fleshed thoughts,
joined by a multitude of cobblestoned,
wildwandering grass-singing paths.

Our blown-away, wing-lifted,
peeping, shadowsliding,
sunny-side-up,
hide-and seek selves
travel along these far-flying paths.
We walk with soft-stepping,
dancing-light, throbbing-blood,
bright-laughing, lovely-tripping feet.

We sing our journey
in a torrent of quick-flighting
Milk-splashing words
Shining like coin-dappled light
On running, babbletongued creeks
Wheeling and turning
Moving on and on
Like a one minded
Many souled flock of starlings
A shimmershoaled ball
Of moon-tided fish
A thunderflying
Rock-rumbling
Buck-farting
Herd of wind-wild horses.

When words can talk
And set their own pace
Can open up
Grow comfy
Settle in slowly
Sit on night-darkling
Gentle-washing water
And widen
Into big, bird-stepping
Floating-away
Beautiful
Sweet-blossomed
constellations

Liz

Anonymous said...

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. ausroids