Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Monday, May 01, 2006

Less than a week to go

Next Monday this time... things won't be the same. Well! Actually nothing much is going to change. Or is it? I don't know. All I know is that elections are near and I so miss the Prannoy Roy and his team of psephologists sit in a circle and yap all day on the news channel. The surprisingly contradictory poll outcomes that each channel would forecast will remind us of a great saying by a Sidhu, about miniskirts. And heaps of fun; the whole build-up to the elections. Never mind that the denouement is almost always anti-climactic. Still...

Despite sounding repetitive, I have to say that I am rooting for LokParitran and I am hoping (fingers crossed) they will create some impact. 'The Axe' should uproot the villainy of the world as did Parusurama's and let the news of hope and goodwill be drummed throughout as the harbinger of better times.














But the Axe is only as strong as the wielder and the drum nothing without a drummer. May there be strong people to support LokParitran and its cause.

P.S. Just one more week to go and my parents aren't even aware that LP has fielded a candidate in our constituency. I was speaking with my mom yesterday and she was like... "Well! I would most definitely vote for LP if only someone was standing for election here. I think they are contesting only from Mylapore and Chepauk. There is this Santhanagopalan in Mylapore. Very smart young chap. Saw him on Headlines Today".

And my mom is pretty up-to-date on the elections news front.

Dude standing in T.Nagar, if you want a vote from Vadapalani, you have to, repeat, just have to, go canvass and make known that you exist.

2 comments:

Lalita said...

I enjoyed your posts. May I add you to my blogroll? I ususally ask before doing that.

itsme said...

Good to hear you are supporting Lokparitran. My mom and bro voted for them. Sadly I couldn't vote. Like the above person can i also blog roll you?