Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Friday, March 17, 2006

Lok Paritran -Part 2

Have you ever come across this line

"Scintillate, scintillate, asteroid minim"

Nope. Then obviously you haven't prepared for GRE. Or perhaps not been sent the forward. That, my dear friend is how a GRE student would say "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"

Now what does that have to do with Lok Paritran, you may wonder. Well! Nothing!

Actually I was reminded of the good old days when I read wordlists on the bus, in the loo, during lectures, while awake, while asleep, just about all the time. Reminded by the 'Strategy Document' released by Lok Paritran (hmmmm... now you see I had a point). I swear to God that if I had such a passage on my RC, I would have simply walked out of the room. Here are some glimpses at Strategy, GRE style. Circumlocution, grandiloquent, filibuster, congressman, politician come to my Barrons mind.


If the fundamentals of understanding are bound or derived from the principles
rather then the intent, completeness will become contradiction.

sustained effective change in a positive direction

Accomplishments that are at a lower level, or are partial in nature, in the
absence of any sustaining mechanism, will only be compromised over time by
the
flow of degeneration from the top.

...degeneration and degradation of politics and gross intellectual bankruptcy
at even the highest levels of political organizations

OK! Enough of making fun (since everybody is going ga-ga over Lok Paritran, I figured out I shouldn't be just a part of the herd).

Seriously speaking, I think this marks a new beginning. I have a friend who is one of the possible candidates in the forthcoming TN elections. I and my friends are totally behind it (but aren't active participants as yet). Despite by skepticism I think they have their heart and mind in the right place and deserve to make a mark in the coming elections. As their strategic aim so eloquently expresses,

The current strategic aim of the party is to get able, skillful, honest and enthusiastic people involved in active politics in a structured manner so that a sustained effort can be made in the right direction.

1 comment:

Ram C said...

Hope this would be the starting point for a new chapter in Indian politics.