Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Lok Paritran - Part 1

Conversation during lunch, a few weeks ago

Me(excited): Did you hear of the new political party being floated by IITians???
Ex-IITian Prof (yawning): Hmmm... what is it called?
Me: Paritrana... ofcourse they changed it to Lok Paritran recently. Most of the guys are from Aerospace department. They have even done Masters in the US, Georgia Tech I think, and then left everything to start this party (all in one breath-br...ea...th...le...ss)
Prof: Pariwhat?
Me(incredulously): Paritrana
Prof: What the hell does that mean?
Me: Apparently it is Sanskrit and it means relief from pain or cause of distress
Prof(softly,almost to himself): You mean like Analgesic???
Prof(now visibly irritated): Who in the right mind would name a political party Paritrana? Thats a problem with these IIT ians, they think they bloody bubbled from brain soup or something. OK! Have you done the tests I asked you to do last week. I want the report on my desk by evening
Me (wishing I was invisible): Er.... that... sooooon...er

No comments: