Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Blog Review

Am thinking of a weekly or monthly blog review... where I can write about other bloggers that I have enjoyed reading. I spend more time blogsurfing than actually writing my own posts, jumping on some comment and then hopping from one blogsite to another and believe me there are so many wonderful blogs out there... its decided - blog review from now on (lets see how long this goes).

First up... lazygeek.net

Among ordinary bloggers, lazygeek's site is blogger extraordinaire and thats not just the looks of his site. There is for starters, amazing stuff on KamalHaasan and Maniratnam. Believe me when I say I am relieved that there are people in the world who think high of 'HeyRam' and 'Iruvar' - two of my all-time favourites.

And was surprised to see so many common interests/posts. Like Godfather and Marlon Brando. Like Sujatha's Katradhum Petradhum. Like dialogues from AayuthaEzhuthu that had at that time impressed me so much that I had compiled the 'Thats typical Sujatha' list (left unposted) and laments on novels turning in to pathetic movies.

Ofcourse lazygeek is more special to me than just being a blogger with similar interests.

He is very perceptive, precise and eloquent and though I stick to his blog posts on Music, Movies and Books, I think he has a wide array of interests - seems to be really geeky - talks about Google Corp., blog readers and a few other things that I can't make sense of (Ergo - I am not geeky)

LazyGeek is very popular as he keeps pointing in his blog once in a while. He has people in the bus talking about LazyGeek without realising it is his. My strong recommendation - its definitely worth it. Add to your Frequently Visited Blogs.

9 comments:

the Monk said...

good job,man...thanks for the link...

Anonymous said...

hmm I should get a blog...so you can review it and hmmm say all the nice things about it

- R (Ngunnawal ka Raja)

Shashi Iyer said...

review my posts, i say! ;)

Speech is Golden said...

Ngunnawal ka Raja!

I really think you should start blogging for various reasons
1. Blogging is a creative process....blah! blah!
2. You are just as jobless as I am (and other bloggers are) - so might as well blog
3. I can trash your blog in my blog (and the neagtive publicity will get you a lot of visitors)

Speech is Golden said...

Shashi the romantic!

I would review your blog but I find myself unworthy of such honour ;)

Speech is Golden said...

amen to your amen Priya!

monk! hey! no worries!

did u sell a ferrari by any chance. i'm thinking of buying one.

Shashi Iyer said...

you, thus, choose to disobey me?

Speech is Golden said...

Do i dare disobey the great romantic? I would be petrified that the punishment for that would be a poetry with unreadable words. I dare not. I'll review yours (shivering with fright)

Anonymous said...

Ngunnawal ga raja khush hua (mogambo eshtyle)