Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Greatness

There is something I have always wanted to drop, apart from the numerous catches I did drop to gain the notoriety as a fielder of 'Indian' calibre; drop names. I became acutely aware of it after Slice of Life columnist, V.Gangadhar wrote about it a few months back. Ever since I have been on a celebrity hunt. And now my hunt ends. I now know someone famous or rather someone I know is now famous.

Mahima, one of my closest friends and neighbour has taken her first steps to 'mahima' with her own 'Art Exhibition' and more importantly, an article about it in 'The Hindu'. The Hindu, as you know is next only to the Gita as far as authority goes in the TamBrahm household. That she would have her own art exhibition so soon doesn't surprise me. I have seen her draw and cherished her many works to know that it was just a matter of time. A charcoal piece she drew for me when I was leaving home for hostel (undergrad) is a trophy I can never forget. I treasure her work just as much as I prize her thoughtfulness, the thoughtfulness evident in making her art exhibition for a cause.



My earliest memories of this wonder girl goes to a time when she was 1 or 2. I used to drop my school bag in their house before rushing out to play Backyard Cricket. And I remember that I used to call her 'Maggi', which used to irritate her no end. (Sadly that name fizzled out). Dropping names, I can brag that I knew this girl as she threw her first tantrum and have seen her become the person she is.

I can't possibly express my disappointment at not being there, with her, in her moment of glory to share her joy. Neither can I express how proud I am of her success. First step, I assert. For I know there are several more things she could do and will do.

5 comments:

Shashi Iyer said...

super mahims! hope there ll b such stops all ur life! (she was my neighbour and good fren too)

Speech is Golden said...

yup! shashi i do expect gr8 things from u as well. all ya young guys make me proud. (Doesn't it feel gr8 to say "i knew him/her as a kid and see now...". Makes one feel old, mature and blah blah)

Shashi Iyer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shashi Iyer said...

u forgot to mention that she made 55,000 bucks and she donated every rupee to the ngo for spastic children, vidyasagar

Anonymous said...

best site