Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Friendship: For sale

In the spirit of this fine post by Lalita, I wanted to add some amusing matrimonial ads. But I wasn't going to risk my friends seeing me browse through the matrimonials. Already I get ribbed enough for believing that 25 is not too soon to marry (Oops! Did I say that aloud?). Instead came across these in Rediff Classifieds. Apparently these people were looking for friendship. The ads range from the comical to 'Oh my God! I want to kill myself'.

Looking a Cute Beutiful Girl friend
My Name is Aamir khan. I am 21 Year Old. I am a Commarce Graduate. My Colour is Fare. My Hight is 5 ft.11cm.
Just because you have a name like Aamir Khan doesn't make girls swoon over you. Not with that English, anyway.

looking 4a life partner age40-45
male same as above
loving partner
And they say India is not a progressive country. See how we have an ad for a gay partner in Rediff. Or is it just bad writing.

looking handsam&sexy
I am sure you are.

i am from 21 year old and i blived in simple living and high thinking.
Simple living and high thinking. Where have I heard that one before.

I m a fun loving person, always want to meet new person it is who so ever.
And that would mean? (Lalita! This is a cryptic crossword puzzle. A gazillion dollars if you break it)

lookin 4frndship than can do all
Friendship does do all.

looking for human beings.
And I thought they were involved in an illegal trade of exotic animals.

32,Male, Copy / Script / Jingle Writer.Written 2 buks. Copywriter 4 Archies, Marks Cards, 2nd Buk Published.
I would hate to read that 'buk'.

Looking for N.babu from coimbatore
Hello! That's lost and found.

My friends calling ne Vinu I am seeking 4 good frnds.
Oops! Sorry. You were the fifth respondent. Better luck next time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol... those were funny. specially the last three.
and the bukwriter... does he mean he copywrites markscards or he's published his markscards?
i wonder why people use the keyboard like a mobile's keypad... or were these ads placed through sms?

Lalita said...

I m a fun loving person, always want to meet new person it is who so ever.


Translated into meaningfulness, this may be an up-front warning he is a love'em and leave'em dude, perhaps?

Lalita said...

And thanks, Ram, for linking. :D

Speech is Golden said...

It has sort of become a fashion to do the mobile lingo. Well! I am not against it. I do use a lot of 'u's, 'wud's and 'gr8's but for formal communication??!! my supervisor received a mail last week from a prospective student from India with 'tht', 'apply 4 postgrad', 'pls amil'. and he used no caps anywhere (and no spell check). ppl'll forg8 2 wrte.

Nirav said...

Jokes apart, I think the first guy (Aamir, of course) is quite clever. Notice how he has tried fooling everyone with his height 5 ft 11 cm... which means he is 5 ft 4 inches or so... hmmm!

Anonymous said...

guess it was his RDB role's hangover.

Speech is Golden said...

5 ft. 11, muscular body with not a tad of fat, no buck teeth, impeccable hygiene, fashionable, rich, has a red Porsche.

looking cute beautiful do all girlfriend

Vijay said...

haha, lol..

Free world ebookfair is online
http://www.worldebookfair.com/

cheers
Vijay

Anonymous said...

i think this link will interest you
http://worldebookfair.com/ProjectMadura.htm

Speech is Golden said...

Thanks Vijay and Priya!

I did check the World e-book fair. And it's an amazing collection (got a few gems for myself).