Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Flash-back

The post I should have written two weeks back... in screenplay

*Red carpet. Stage. Blinding lights. (Imagine Oscars). Dressed in tux clutching the 'ONE YEAR' trophy in one hand and my speech (written by a jobless student) in the other*

Me: Ladies and Gentlemen! I am so honoured to be among you with this award. This means a lot to me.*Choking with tears*

*Takes a spotless white kerchief from an inner pocket and dabs at the face - feelings maaa!*

Me: I have enjoyed writing in this blogsite and I can't tell you how proud I am that somebody, other than my dad and the friend I bribe chocolates to keep visiting my blog, actually reads them.

*Joke! Can also be considered as being modest*

*Camera pans to crowd where three people are seated, two of them ogling... the third*

Crowd: deafening applause. (remember two is company...three is a crowd. well! I take my sayings seriously)

*Camera pans back to the stage where I am still standing, furiously turning the paper. The egghead speech writer has forgotten the 'I wish to thank so and so and so on' part*

Me: I don't know how many people I should be thanking today. Thank you all of you who think I owe you thanks. I declare to my faithful readership that I'll continue to blog as long as I have you people to support me and entertain, educate, enlighten and eradicate you with this blog (never mind the flow).

*Raising the li'l statuette like it was a tea-cup or a wine glass*

Me: To more years of blogging

Crowd*gasps*: Oh! No!!!!!

*The crowd becomes company and then becomes solitary and ends up as nothing*

*curtains*

5 comments:

Nirav said...

Congratulations... or as they say in Punjabi... O badhaiyaan badhaaiyaan

Speech is Golden said...

Thanks Nirav.

Lalita said...

That was fun. You must write more posts like this. You have a flair for the comic turn.

Speech is Golden said...

Yup! It was fun. Felt I was writing abt serious stuff for the last few posts that i need to take a break and indulge in some frivolity. Glad u found them in good taste ( i wasn't so sure)

Shashi Iyer said...

haha. keep writing.