Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A promise to keep, for Ridhish

This is for you, Ridhish!

Last weekend (Feb. 19th), we had invited a few friends over for dinner, the notorious Ridhish being one of them. While making small talk and the kind that good hosts and good guests do, we (Laxmikant and me) invited Rid (I am bored of typing your long name again n again) for a game of Table Tennis. Here, I need to mention that while I honed my TT skills (with Lax) all December we are nowhere near the league of Rid. Still, gamely we offered to play with him. I was the first to go and played incredibly well (or Rid was incredibly rusty). Anyway I scored 16 against his 21. (And anything over 5 points aginst him is considered win in our dictionary) Next in was Lax (we are lazy people... we can't go through half the life calling lengthy names) and this is where the fun began. Atleast for Rid. Lax, I am sure wasn't enjoying. Rid thrashed Lax 21-0. Zero guys. Talk about demoralising gameplay. Lax on his part was devastated. He was confident that 'if Ram can get 16 maybe I'll too' (we are almost equal).

Moral of the story: Don't invite Ridhish home for dinner and don't ask him to play TT with you. Kills appetite. And you may renounce playing Table Tennis 'ever'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have zero comments.

Lax

p.s. hey! i did have my sweet revenge by winning against you ram.

Anonymous said...

*Searches his pockets for the victory speech*

Well what can I say. I'd like to thank a lot of people after this win, but I'll do that once I find my victory speech. In the mean time, consider this my formalised 'letter' of retirement from Table Tennis, I will remember the final match of my career for as long as I live. I don't want to drag my career like Ganguly and get hammered by the Australian Media. A graceful retirement!

Regards
Ridhish
*Winner of the Ngunnawal Table Tennis Championships 2006*

Speech is Golden said...

Lax! You did win me. 24-22. But you see there is no fun writing abt it. I should give the impression that you quit playing b'coz of the drubbing. Thats intersting read. Call it writer's licence or ....

Speech is Golden said...

Victory speech! Ridhish, you should be groaning that you would never get to taste Lax' great cutlets.

And don't you talk against 'dada'