Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Goblet of Fire - Tonight

I am finally watching the much awaited Harry Potter movie tonite. Just so nobody questions my integrity, the latest HP saga releases in Australia only today. My more fortunate friends in India have watched the movie a week before. One whole week before. Grfffff.

Well! I should admit I am no big fan of the Potter movies. At least not as much as of the books. The first of the lot, Philosopher's Stone wasn't too bad and the kids looked and behaved their age. Now though, Harry and his friends (especially Ron) look the way I imagined they would in 'The Half Blood Prince'.

And muggles that we are, the portrayal of the wizarding families in the three movies was, lets just say unappealing. The movies depict the wizards and witches as some kind of freaks - anomalies to look at and laugh, while the book presented them with a that's-the-way-they-are spirit, perhaps even with awe. Look at Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and you would know what I am talking about.

Anyway, with the next book a long long way away, and given that 'The Goblet of fire' was perhaps my favourite of the six HPs and given that the reviews have been good, I am off to Harry Potter today. Let the feast begin.

No comments: