Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Return from vacations

I haven’t much to write. My mind refuses to think. To relive those carefree moments. Days were they? Then why did they vanish so fast. A batting of an eyelid. That’s all it took. Those happy days, spent in merriment.

My vacation in India was everything I could ask for – I got to spend a lot of time with my family, indoors, watching, as the rain gods worked overtime, 'The Hindu' with steaming filter kaapi, the pigeons and crows of Vadapalani, friends, cousins, uncles, aunts, shopping in Pondy Bazaar and Panagal park (more like fighting for survival – and as I kept telling my sister, it was as if the entire population of Canberra which stands at around 3 lakhs was inside the new Saravana stores), one-day cricket where India wiped the floors with the Lankans (the comeback of Sachin the king), the festive atmosphere of Rama’s return celebrated as Deepavali (and I would like to think I lent to the festivity by returning from my vanavaasam), fireworks, smog, and Sun TV, dosages of Surya, Vikram, Asin and Vijay every half-an-hour – oh! Yes! It was one long party out there guys.

Been back for a long time, three weeks and just now managed to update my blog. Shall start blogging hard soon. Summer is here and good things are about to happen.

2 comments:

Shashi Iyer said...

wouldn't u say overdose of those celbs?

Speech is Golden said...

overdose!!!!! nope buddy. not an overdose at all.