Time whizzes by and I, I write of glimpses I steal

Friday, July 25, 2008

Theory of plasticity

Plastic plants make me sad
I wonder why
I sit and I ponder
I wonder because what else is there to do

The reason, I think, is constancy
It's life is bare, devoid of change
Maybe.
Or maybe it is choice that it lacks.

Maybe it is because it cannot
soak in the sun, or shiver
in the cold dewy winter mornings
Or wither and die

Something about its choicelessness
tingles my melancholic bone. Maybe.
But then, rain makes me happy and
has it any choice about its falling.

2 comments:

PreethZzZ said...

Wow wht an odd post I must say.. Very very random... I like plastic plants they are eternal!
Rain gotta love it and thank goodness cos now its pouring down seemingly everywhere in the world...

Also all in all I think this post is way beyond me... The basics I understood but if there's inner and hidden meaning i think I totally missed it...

Anonymous said...

u r right.. the choicelessness of the plastic plant gets to me too!

if the power of making choices for oneself was taken away from me.... i dnt knw hw it wud be really!